Top Practices for Ecommerce Website Migrations
Very few people are able to make the right decision at the right time. When it comes to the development of an eCommerce platform or migrating to other platform, it is truly imperative to select a platform that can highly support your business products and services without burning your pockets.
Website downtime can be costly to a business. If you find that your existing eCommerce platform is not supporting the growth of your online business, then you should migrate your website to a new eCommerce platform in the best possibly way. This can seem like a nerve-wracking process, but it is vital for your business. The following practices will help to make the migration process as painless as possible:
- Start website migration before changing your current hosting plan: One of the most noticeable mistakes that eCommerce administrators make is changing their current hosting plan before the final shifting of their website to a new server. It may take long hours or even a full day. If you will cancel your existing hosting plan before completing this process, you’ll face several hours of downtime and lose a noticeable amount of business ROI.
- Create and store backup files: One of the major steps in website migration is shifting the existing data from your current host servers to the new one. You need to create backup files of your website and download them. The complete process of creating and downloading backup files will depend on the interface you use and your hired Ecommerce Website Development Company.
- Redirect links: Link building is a major part of an effective SEO strategy. The real strength of your business website could be the finest result of an effective link building strategy over months or even years. Losing authentic and potential links that you’ve built over the years, could destroy your potential to rank for the relevant keywords. Set fixed redirects of your links so that they pin at the same pages on the newly developed website. Visitors reaching to your website using these links will be redirected to the new pages and will never notice the difference.
- Final Testing: Make sure everything is working on the new site smoothly or even better than the old site. Test each and everything extensively of your website.
- Power Your Online Store with Shopify Development Services
- Significant Benefits of BigCommerce for eCommerce Sellers
- Top Reasons to Sell Products Online with PrestaShop Platform
- Top 5 eCommerce Stores You can Run Effectively with OpenCart
- Ecommerce Website Development Services- An effective Way To Sell Your Products online